for patients planning Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to your appointment.
- Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery to aid in healing and minimize anesthesia risks.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. It is advised to have a responsible adult stay with you for 24 hours following sedation to assist you in your recovery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- You may take your regular medications unless advised otherwise by your doctor prior to surgery.